Learn How To Make Karwar Style Fish Curry by Chef Smita Deo only on Get Curried. Make this quick and easy authentic Karwari Recipe of Surmai Fish Curry at your home and share your experience with us in the comments section.
7-8 pieces of Rawas (Indian Salmon) or Surmai (Seer Fish) or Pomfret
1 medium onion finely chopped
1” ginger finely chopped
½ fresh coconut grated
2 tbsp dry coriander seeds
15 dry bedgi red chillies
¾ tsp turmeric powder
3 tbsp coconut oil
Salt to taste
1. Wash and clean the fish
2. Grind the coconut, coriander seeds, turmeric powder and the chillies to a fine paste adding 1 cup of water.
3. Heat a deep bottom vessel and add coconut oil. When the aroma of the coconut oil fills the air add the onion and the ginger and sauté till the onion is light pink and soft.
4. Then add the ground coconut masala, 2 cups of water to make the gravy, add the salt and kokum and bring to a boil.
5. After you boil the gravy check the salt, spice and the sour taste, once you adjust these flavours to your liking, add the fish and let it cook on slow flame for 10 min or till the fish is done.
6. Always adjust the flavour of the curry before you add the fish as it becomes difficult to correct the flavour after the fish is added as the fish meat is delicate and the pieces might break.
VERY IMPORTANT TIP: Please do not stir the curry once the fish has been added. The pieces of fish will break.
Host : Smita Deo
Director: Narayan Thakur
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Pratik Gamre, Akshay Sawant, Spandan Rout
Editing: Kishor Rai
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Pvt Ltd
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: