Cheesecake Flan is a very delicate and elegant dessert that can be prepared for any occasion. It is rich with a smooth, silky texture and the delicious caramel syrup is making it absolutely irresistible.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes about 10 servings
1 cup (200g) sugar
2 tsp (10ml) fresh lemon juice, optional
1 package (8oz -230g) cream cheese, room temperature
5 large eggs, room temperature
2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
1 can (14oz- 397g) sweetened condensed milk
1 can (12oz -350g) evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. In a small saucepan add sugar and lemon juice. Melt over low-medium heat until golden. Remove from heat and pour the hot caramel into the bottom of a 9 inch (23cm) pan. Swirl the pan to spread evenly. Set aside until you prepare the cream cheese mixture.
3. In a large bowl mix cream cheese until smooth. Incorporate eggs one at a time, vanilla extract, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk. Mix well until combined.
4. Skim off the foam using a spatula and pour the cream cheese mixture over the caramel into the pan.
5. Place the pan in a larger pan, place on oven rack and add boiling water halfway up the sides of the pan.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes until set or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes almost clean.
7. Remove the pan from water and cool completely on a cooling rack.
8. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or better overnight.
9. Run a knife around the edges of the cake to unmold it and invert onto a serving plate.